Many employees and companies are not sure what the government’s Job Keeper Payment means for them.
The jobkeeper payment is a benefit (reimbursement) paid by the Australian government to eligible companies to assist them to continue paying eligible employees. Job Keeper payment is not paid directly to Employees, but to businesses that are paying employees.
To receive this reimbursement both the employer and employee must be eligible.
Eligible Employer is a;
- A business or not-for-profit operating on 1 March 2020.
- Employ at least 1 eligible employee.
- Eligible employees are currently employed by your business for the fortnights claimed.
- Eligible businesses have experienced at least a 30% reduction in annual GST assessed turnover.
Eligible Employee is ;
- Employed by your business and was either a full-time or part-time employee at 1 March 2020 or;
- A long term casual employee, who has been employed on a regular and systematic basis for 12 or more months as at 1 March 2020.
Businesses need to register at the ATO website and later nominate eligible employees.
For more details go to https://www.ato.gov.au/General/JobKeeper-Payment/